Re: [Mgs] Ignition light always on, low glow

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Ignition light always on, low glow
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:11:53 -0400
The ignition light on my '71 has been low-glowing for years. I get a solid
14 volts with the headlights and blower on, so I figure the alternator is
working fine. The car has a maintenance free battery, I wonder if that has
something to do with it? I've heard that maintenance free batteries need a
slightly higher charging voltage. So maybe there's a slight mismatch between
the voltage of the new tech batteries and the charging voltage of the old
alternator, that makes the light glow. - Just a theory ;-).

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361