Re: [Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "Bob Howard"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:26:29 -0700
And there I go adding another dimension. The weld to weld dimension was
used because many of the driveshafts in our scrapyard had the sliding
yoke missing so one could not measure the full compressed length.

When making a driveshaft, the manufacturer will want the static length,
with suspension on the ground, then will add some fudge factor to ensure
the splines will be safely seated at full suspension extension, yet
there is still a bit of clearance at rest.

For us new parts people. Measuring the driveshaft with the yoke fully
compressed is easy and gives an idea of the rest length between the
transmission and diff. flanges.

Kelvin Dodd