Re: [Mgs] Oh No, Not Again! The Triumph might upstage MG's return!

To: <Aeseeyou@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oh No, Not Again! The Triumph might upstage MG's return!
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:51:22 +0100
It talks about retro and compares it to the MINI.  But whilst the MINI does
have a passing resemblance to the old Mini this 'Triumph' doesn't bear the
slightest resemblance to anything historic or British.  Any neither has or
will have anything under the skin that has the slightest connection to what
went before.  Auto Express is known as 'Auto Distress' in the UK for many
reasons, showing the Triumph Motorcycle logo in connection with the totally
unconnected car is an example of their 'professionalism'.

But if BMW go ahead then it almost certainly will be a success overall.
Whether it will be a success in the UK is another matter, it looks very
'American' to my eyes, and American cars have always bombed in the UK.

PaulH.