Re: [Mgs] clutch issue for the "B"

To: 1971-red-mgb <1971mgb@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] clutch issue for the "B"
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 11:12:37 -0600
  So you mean that the clutch still works but the TOB is noisy, I guess.
  TOBs are cheap but what a PITA to change!  I used the B&B unit from
Moss on my '70B because I'd souped the rebuilt engine up and planned
some spirited driving.  Never had any problem with it.  Using the
graphite bushing in the '69 B I have now, no probs after 5+ yrs.

  I'd suggest that you make sure, when you change it out, that all the
pivot points have no excessive play due to wear.  Maybe the TOB has been
spinning more than intended.

   CR