Re: [Mgs] clutch issue for the "B"

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] clutch issue for the "B"
From: "1971-red-mgb" <1971mgb@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:28:51 -0500
Paul, I been driving B's since I bought my first one in France in 1966 and
had it shipped to the states, still in packing grease when I picked it up at
the local port, (those were the days)
I've owned this "B" for the last 14 years, two years ago I replaced the
clutch (3 in 1) when my TOB disintegrated, I had ignored the metal on metal
sound for about a 6 months when the TOB finally said enough.
I replaced it with the Moss (3 in 1) clutch kit, about four months ago I
started noticing the annoying grind sound whenever I depressed the clutch,
finally the other day the ,oh so familiar, metal on metal sound reappeared
when depressing the clutch, on the way back to the house I could hardly get
it into gear, but managed to do so by forcing the gear.  Today when I
depress the clutch I distinctly hear the sound of metal on metal grinding,
when I release the clutch the noise stops, I again ordered the ( 3 in 1)
clutch kit from Moss, hopefully this one will last more than 2 years.