Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 33

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 33
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:31:31 -0600
David is right here.  Pricing, marketing and selling is all about
psychology. People see the lower number even if it is only a penny
lower and even when they know better.  We whine about the cost of gas
and let auto dealers rip us off big time.   The bigger the scam, the
easier it is to fall for it.  My favorite is called value selling.
Two products sit side by side on the shelf manufactured by the same
company.  One 35% more.  Functionally they will accomplish the same
thing but one has fancier trim, 5 settings instead of 2,  dual colors
and so on.