Re: [Mgs] Non-start

To: max_heim@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Non-start
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:44:04 -0500
Hi Max,
  With any starter troubles, first thing to do is to clean and refasten
wires to battery terminals.  High resistance there can allow for 12v to
show on the meter but insufficient current flow to power the starter.
Happened to me regularly in one MGB, a nuisance.  In that example problem
seemed to be a slightly undersize battery post.  Filing the jaws of the
cable so they fit tighter was the answer, though it took me a long time
to figure that out.
Bob