Re: [Mgs] miata question

To: Otis15@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] miata question
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:09:16 -0500
I saw the new Miatas at the dealer and just can't warm up to them.  I
have a 2002 with a few doo dads, like power windows, cruise, CD, etc.
The top goes up and down so easily I just can't see the need for much
more.  The top is down whenever weather permits.

Originally my wife's car, I took it over because people kept driving in
to her.  We got her something a little more obvious.

But after we bought the Miata, and before it became my daily driver, I
bought a low mileage 1991 no-frills version at Carisle Import.  I drove
it over a summer, and comparing the two, I found the '91 to be more fun
to drive.  Perhaps a little lighter, a little smaller, more interior
room, and somehow seemed like more of a toy.  When the 2002 became mine,
I had to let it go.  The 2002 was also a good deal when I bought it, and
it still has a certified warranty for 100,000 miles.  The little '91 got
a good new home, but I still sort of miss it.