[Mgs] spark plug 2 and 3 has black sooth

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] spark plug 2 and 3 has black sooth
From: <1971mgb@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:08:23 -0500
ok folks I'm still messing around with my HS4 carbs., I've adjusted the carbs
to where I'm almost contend with the mixture, however my issue is that not all
my spark plugs have that nice grayish color to them, if I'm looking at number 1
spark plug (nearest the radiator) and count toward the rear of the engine then
number 4 would be near the heater box, having said that number one spark plug
then is a nice gray and number 4 near the heater box is nice and gray that
leaves number 2 and number 3 having black sooth on the them (bottom of spark
plug). Do I need to lean out the carb nearest the front (near radiator) or the
rear carb. nearsest the heater box?

Thank you all for your input.