Re: [Mgs] cup holders---I'm re-joining the list!

To: "'Max Heim'" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] cup holders---I'm re-joining the list!
From: "Stuart MacMillan" <macgroup@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 12:36:24 -0700
Thanks for the welcome, I need another diversion (and money pit).  At least
you are driving your MGB.  Once you park them nothing good happens.........

With our current "stressed" economy, it's a good time to find a painter/body
& fender man who'll moonlight.  Check the cards posted at any Wesco or other
body shop supplier.  You can also usually find paint booths to rent if you
want to DIY it.

I'm going to post some photos of all this soon. But I digress.

You should be able to find someone you can work with in terms of what you do
and what they do to keep the costs down.  I did this with my son's '64. We
did all the patch panel welding and put new wings on, and we got all the
body prep and painting done really nicely for about $2000.  But that was in
2003, when times were pretty good.

Of course, the shell is in my garage awaiting finishing, and now he has a
new baby!  So much for the MG for now.  Ironically, I started restoring my
'65 in 1979 when he was 3, and it sat in the garage until 1986 when I
finally got it back on the road.  He was 10, and I kind of got him into the
hobby at that point.

Stuart