Re: [Mgs] gas cap

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] gas cap
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 14:55:08 -0700
Before you all go jumping on this idea, a PO installed on of those
anti-siphon springs in my other car during the first gas crisis (it has one
of those external flip-top gas caps, so, no way to lock it). The result of
this is that with modern vapor-recovery pumps, you can only dribble in gas
at the slowest possible setting, while holding the nozzle in place with main
force. Even at that, it will click itself off three or four times during a
fill-up, making every trip to the gas station a lengthy PITA.

In the MGB, you can add to this the undignified and uncomfortable posture of
bending over at the waist in order to reach the inlet. All in all, I really
couldn't recommend this approach to the problem.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149