Re: [Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?

To: "Steven Trovato" <strovato@optonline.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:52:18 +0200
During my study electronics back in the early seventies, I have been tought,
that phone switching equipment like coils and solenoids should be operated
with the ground connected to the positve power.
Reason is, that the coils would "wear" in time and therewith the wire of the
coil would increase in resistance, if the power system would have ground
connected to the negative lead.

Only my 1966 Ford Cortina had the positive terminal of the battery connected
to ground.
Practically I did not see any difference.
Only the lousy starter motor bendix was cracked once. Nothing to do with the
pos/neg.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT with engine in overhaul 18-GK will remain the original!