Re: [Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>, Hans Duinhoven
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:09:35 -0500
At 04:27 PM 5/13/2008 -0400, Steven Trovato wrote:
>I have an MGA and a Magnette and they are both positive ground and I
>don't see any difference either.  (If you're reading this, sorry
>Barney.  I know this makes you think I'm insane.)
>..

It doesn't bother me in the least.  My MGA ran 20 years with positive
earth, then a 9 year layover during restoration, then 21 years with
negatige earth.  I don't see any difference either.

If anyone was worrying about corosion where ground  wires connect to
the chassis or body, you should remember that all of the ground wires
other than the battery ground cable have current flowing in the
opposite direction across the connection from the battery ground
cable.  If current flows from the remote ground wires into the body
or chassis, then it flows from the body or chassis into the battery
ground cable, or vice versa depanding on polarity.  If you think one
corrodes more than the other, then you get to choose which you want
to corrode more and which less.  I don''t have any corrosion problem
with any of them.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com