Re: [Mgs] Fuel tank problem--ideas?

To: "'Bob Howard'" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fuel tank problem--ideas?
From: "Stuart MacMillan" <macgroup@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:18:40 -0700
Bob,

I had not thought about pin holes in the pick up tube, and I can't see it to
find out.  That is a definite possibility with a 45 year old tank!  I'm
going to put a fuel hose from the pump into a gallon of gas and see how the
system pumps tomorrow.  If it pumps fine, then it is definitely on the
suction side, which means a new tank.

I just hate to replace the tank with one without baffles.  I'll take it to a
radiator shop here that rebuilds fuel tanks and see what can be done before
I do that.

Stuart