Re: [Mgs] Run the MG on methane

To: "Christian, Skip" <wellner.christian@navy.mil>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Run the MG on methane
From: "Richard Gosling" <rbgosling@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:33:45 +0100
The tank is quite small, about 35 litres, as it fits in the spare wheel well
- the original petrol tank is still in place.  I can get 180 miles from full
to the moment the engine starts dying and I have to switch back to petrol.
The petrol tank is probably at least 50% bigger, plus you get a few more
miles from a gallon of petrol.  That's probably the biggest down-side to the
system.  It's enough to last me a week between fill-ups, just.  Some 4WD
vehicles I've seen with rather larger tanks, but they take up more luggage
space.  Still, beats my Spitfire which I had to fill every 3 days, albeit on
quite a long commute!

The fuelling system certainly takes input from the lambda sensor in the
exhaust (I know 'cos I had to check it and clean it to pass emissions last
month!), don't know what other inputs it takes, haven't checked it out in
enough detail!
Richard