Re: [Mgs] 74 B stalls on right hand corners, Mk II

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 74 B stalls on right hand corners, Mk II
From: "Eric Markley" <ericemarkley@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 23:43:54 -0400
--===============0432126022==

Hello Max,

You have a good point; the filter between the tank and pump is neither easy
to see nor to get to. If one has a new or nearly new tank, it seems
reasonable to not put a filter there. The filter before the carbs is clear
plastic, however. If the filter by the tank is plugged, I would think that
the filter by the carbs would show little or no fuel and alert you to a fuel
delivery problem. With a car that is 34 years old, I rather like the
redundant filters to reduce the chances of dirt and rust getting into the
carbs.

Your helpful thought does help me, though. If the engine should stall again,
I should check for an absence of fuel in the filter by the carbs. I should
have thought of that before.

Thanks!

Eric