Re: [Mgs] Radiator Pressure Testing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Radiator Pressure Testing
From: don@napanet.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:13:57 -0800
Bert,

There is a tool available to pressure test automobile cooling systems.  If you
have cars and do your own repairs, it's worth owning such a tool.  You pump up
pressure manually with this device.  Stant, among others, makes the tool, and
you can find 'em on eBay used.  That's where I bought mine.  With such a tool,
you can pressurize a cooling system slowly and carefully.

Another possible route is to add Barsleak to your cooling system.  It sounds too
good to be true, but it worked in my Miata with a heater core leak.  No adverse
effects, and the leak was sealed.  I don't normally believe in miracles, but
sometimes they do happen.

Don Scott
Napa Valley CA USA
1973 MGB GT (for sale)