Re: [Mgs] Master cylinder - size of ports -1600 MKII

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Master cylinder - size of ports -1600 MKII
From: "Pat Harris - \"sammler\"" <sammler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:51:56 -0500
Paul,

Your mention of the brake light switch, even though on the A it's
hydraulic and not mechanical, has pointed out to me an easy to reach
place where I can release the pressure in the system without having to
get under the car.  Unscrewing it will allow me to check to see if the
calipers will release.  I'll do that later this morning - after it gets
a bit warmer than the present 36 degrees - brrrr!

"Blocked port" aspect.  When the piston in the master cylinder is in its
correct "at rest position" is the only pathway for fluid to return to
the master cylinder via this small port?  If so should pushing the
caliper piston back into the caliper cause the brake fluid to move into
the master cylinder via this pathway?  If so, would this then be an
indication that the small port was not blocked?

Thanks,
Pat

Thanks,
Pat