Re: [Mgs] Master cylinder - size of ports -1600 MKII

To: "Pat Harris - \"sammler\"" <sammler@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Master cylinder - size of ports -1600 MKII
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:28:13 -0000
Ha!  For some reason I assumed it was a B, and not only that but a later B
with mechanical switch instead of hydraulic.  If it's just one caliper then it
will be the flex hose, but if on both then either both hoses have failed at
the same time, or it must be something common.  With any system you should be
able to push the caliper (and rear slave) pistons fully back to displace fluid
into the master reservoir, but watch it doesn't overflow as the non-silicone
fluids will strip paint.  With the brake pedal released there should be a
pathway from each caliper or cylinder back to the master reservoir, to release
any pressure from heat expansion of fluid if nothing else.

PaulH.