[Mgs] Best car I've driven (A.K.A. Old man rambling on Tuesday

To: ferrari <ferrari@ferrarilist.com>, IPOG <ponton@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [Mgs] Best car I've driven (A.K.A. Old man rambling on Tuesday
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 05:20:45 -0800 (PST)
Hello Friends,

   As I drove in to work today in my '08 Mercedes C300, I finished a test.
Over the past couple of days I have driven every car that I presently own.
There are six of them in the scuderia.  Okay, okay, the ponton isn't "drivable"
but I did start it and warm it up last Sunday.  Anyway, this test was the
continuation of the 308GTB vs Mondial QV comparison that I did over the weekend.

   As STYX's "Too Much Time on my Hands" ended on the C300's sounds system I
realized that I have now owned over sixty cars in my tender 57 years, ranging
from a 1930 Chevrolet Deluxe to a 2008 Mercedes C300!  That thought led be to
consider which of the lot is my all-time favorite to drive.  Here's the story
and what I concluded.

   The most exciting car-related moment I recall was the day I picked up my
308GTB.  As I left Phil Tegtmeyer's quiet, supportive company I thought to
myself, "I'm driving Ferrari.  Oh my God, I'm driving MY Ferrari!!!"  I guess
the second most exciting moment was when I got my first sports car at the age
of eighteen.  It was a Fiat 850 Spyder.  Most beautiful car I had ever seen!

   Flash forward to today and I ask; Of all the cars I have owned, which one
was the overall most enjoyable to drive?  The answer surprised even me. It was
my little bright red '89 BMW 325iS coupe'.  The E30 cars feel like go-karts,
light as a feather and the 2.5 litre "little six" is a great engine.  Hook that
to a 5-speed manual gearbox and you get my all-time favorite.  Yea, I was
surprised too.  Wish I still owned it.

Happy Tuesday,

rick
2 x Ferrari