Re: [Mgs] [British-cars] Moss Speedi-Sleeve and XPAG oil seal kit

To: "Mike Duvall" <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>, "mgs
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [British-cars] Moss Speedi-Sleeve and XPAG oil seal kit
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:55:36 -0800
Mike.

Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I re read Al's original
instructions and as you say it is a bit confusing. On one page he
suggests installing the Speedi Sleeve per the directions included in the
sleeve kit. On the next page he states as a P.S. that he found an easier
way to install the sleeve backwards.

Either installation will work. The critical thing is to get the Speedi
Sleeve onto the crank flange without it hitting the alloy seal retainer.

The crank seal conversion kit will work without the Speedi Sleeve if the
crank flange surface is smooth. The Speedi Sleeve does give a better
sealing surface and extends that surface slightly allowing the seal kit
to be used on engines where the block face machining prevents the seal
lip from riding correctly on the bare flange.

Please contact me directly if you have any other questions regarding
this kit.

Kelvin Dodd
Moss Motors, Ltd.