[Mgs] 73 Water pump replacement

To: <mgs-digest@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] 73 Water pump replacement
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 16:27:38 -0000
BT, DT.  I bought a Marina brand-new and on getting it home got the bonnet up
to have a look at my new purchase.  Probably no surprise to find the bottom
hose leaking where it fitted to the radiator.  Out came my big screwdriver to
tighten it up, but of course being a slotted Jubilee clip it slipped and
punctured the rad!  So I drained it, scratched a bit of black paint off from
round the hole, got my big soldering iron out and soldered it back up.  Lasted
the six and a half years I had the car, but my heart was in my mouth when
running it up to temperature the first time.

I'd also recommend a board to protect the rad, as much from bending over the
fins on the tubes which blocks the through-flow of air as much as anything.

PaulH.