Re: [Mgs] Ugly tappets

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Ugly tappets
From: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:18:29 -0800
Can you install just new tappets?
Sure.
The question is should you install just new tappets?  IMHO no.  Tappets are
supposed to spin while the engine runs.  It appears to me that your tappets
haven't been spinning, causing the concave wear pattern.
If it were my engine (and I have BTDT) I would install a new cam and new
lifters.
$.02
Rick