Re: [Mgs] MGB rear brakes

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>, Paul Hunt
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB rear brakes
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:32:55 -0600
At 03:22 PM 2/25/2009 -0600, Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:
>I'm aware that if you increase the size of the slave cylinder you
>get more force multiplication but less movement for a given
>displacement of the master piston.  That's all I said.

You never get less movement.  You get slower movement, more fluid
flow, and longer pedal travel until the shoes move the same distance
to come into contact with the drum.  When it stops moving you get
higher force from the hydraulic pressure on the larger piston.  Ergo,
more braking force on the rear wheels and possible rear wheel lockup
(after longer pedal travel).