Re: [Mgs] setting jets in su's

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] setting jets in su's
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:01:52 -0600
Did you notice that he said that the fuel level in the jet should be
such-and-such according to the float setting?  Too high and the fuel
would "puddle," meaning overflow the jet.  Too low and it would run
lean.  Sounds like he was going for a ballpark figure so the engine
would start and run.

Shoot, we all know that when all is right, before tuning, the jet should
be the two turns down from the bridge and the fuel level should be a
fraction below the top of the jet, not overflowing.  Considering that
everything else is right with the engine, we tune the carbs from there.

Last thing we do, Eh?

   CR