Re: [Mgs] unusual machine

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] unusual machine
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:01:49 -0700
Well, yeah, obviously the devices with partially-hidden components were
completely rendered in CAD, then sent to the prototyper. The scanner and the
prototyper are two different systems.

The multiple-part working assemblies are just "show off" pieces, or
proof-of-concept prototypes. Clearly, it is not useful to create a
"functioning" steam engine out of low-impact plastic.

What gets lost in the hype is that this is a prototyping system, not a
manufacturing system. When it has the ability to make parts out of steel (or
at least aluminum), then it would truly be a "copy machine" for car parts.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149