Re: [Mgs] unusual machine

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] unusual machine
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:24:25 -0700
They don't. The video editing mashed-up two different processes.

One, the scanner scans a simple, single object, and the prototyper
reproduces it in plastic.

Two, the prototyper pops out an multi-part assembly, but this was NOT
scanned -- it was entered as CAD data. Notice that they did not show this
item being scanned. It was sloppiness on the part of the producer that this
point was not clarified; but, as you might have noticed, it was all kind of
semi-scripted, "reality TV" style.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149