Re: [Mgs] LED Tail Lights

To: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] LED Tail Lights
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:46:16 -0400
I got some for my motorcycles, and after installing them in two
different bikes, got concerned with how directional they seemed to be.
One of the bikes, a HD Sportster, was okay because the bulb points back
parallel with the road.  On the other, a 1981 Virago, the bulb points
downward and depends on a reflector to spread the beam.  It seemed to be
much less bright than the incandescent bulb if you viewed at an angle
slightly off center.  So it never stayed in that bike.  Didn't seem as
safe and/or obvious to following traffic.  I don't know if this was
peculiar to the brand I got, but I would suggest you check carefully to
see if you lose any apparent brightness.

Jim