[Mgs] Shifter Vibration

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Shifter Vibration
From: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:11:43 -0700 (PDT)
Fellow Listers;
I hope everyone has had the chance to enjoy their MG today.  Here in Phila PA
the weather is very nice (warm but low humidity).
I had a quick question about shifter vibration.  While accelerating in my '74
MGB-GT, the shifter seems to rattle somewhat, and its quite audible.  I have
checked and the correct springy-washers are on the shifter plate, and the
correct bushings is installed on the bottom of the shifter lever (on the ball
portion).
Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there any known fix?  Or is the trans on
its way out?
Thanks,Matt Milkevitch'74 MGB-GT