Re: [Mgs] Shifter Vibration

To: "Matthew Milkevitch" <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Shifter Vibration
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:46:30 +0100
Haven't heard of this for a while but some gear knobs were prone to it as I
recall.  Should be easy to determine by holding the lever.  Are you sure the
nylon bush on the little ball at the bottom of the lever is sound?  After
replacing mine there was no slop in the lever at all when in gear.

That is if the gear lever is *buzzing*, deeper vibrations could well be from
propshaft UJs and balance, front road wheels should be felt at the steering
wheel long before anywhere else.

PaulH.