[Mgs] Related to No Start Condition....

To: mg-mgb@yahoogroups.com, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Related to No Start Condition....
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:23:52 -0700 (PDT)
I was double-checking the ground strap (which on my car is at the rear
transmission mount). One of the nuts on the trans mount
wasn't tightened all the way, so that end of the ground cable can move around a
bit. The nut won't tighten beyond a certain point,
so I am wondering if I have the wrong size on there. I needed a 1/2 inch socket
to remove it. The nut on the other side seems to be
a 9/16" inch - it's very difficult to tell because even with the 'crossmember
modification' done, I can't get an extension on it to check
for sure. Anyone know what size nut that is really supposed to be? It's the nut
that goes on the actual rubber mount for the transmission.

Is it possible to put the ground strap in another place? Can I move the end and
just attach it directly to the crossmember? Or can I
use a strap up front somewhere?

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer