Re: [Mgs] Beware Heritage Trust Manuals on CD PART II

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Beware Heritage Trust Manuals on CD PART II
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:38:23 -0500
Not to defend these guys, but to look at it from their perspective.
They put out this CD when there was just XP and Adobe Reader 6.0 and
7.0.

Since then Microsoft and Adobe have made some bad choices. And put out
some crap software. It's not this companies responsibility to provide
support for some other company's junk.

I've been on the receiving end of customer expectations. They have an
unstable mess of a Windows computer and they blame my well behaved
(Unix) servers for their problems. So I have to fix their computers
for them.

I also have a nasty mess of a Unix server, but that's another story.
People cringe when I go out of town, if that machine goes down, there
are big problems. But no one is willing to put up money to get new
hardware to split the 6-7 separate apps off the machine.

I guess it's job security.