Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Kendall Oil

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Kendall Oil
From: "J. F. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:46:25 -0400
FWIW, I recall reading, I think in one of Carrol Smith's books, that the
prohibition on copper use in aero and automotive applications is that
the soft copper moves with pressure and vibration, and thereafter work
hardens and then cracks.  Although his book didn't explain this, the
copper alloys that seem to be the stuff of some non-corroding brake
lines appear to be designed to prevent this work hardening characteristic.

Not that any of this has to do with Kendall Oil....