Re: [Mgs] Autocrossing?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Autocrossing?
From: "Ric Johnson" <ricjohnsondm@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 07:16:12 -0500
Ron writes
>Anyone out there running weber sidedrafts?
>Been doing any racing or autocrossing?

No sidedrafts, but I regularly autocross my '71 MGB with the Des Moines Valley
Region of the SCCA in F Street Prepared, Vintage Index. I've been autocrossing
since attending my first event in March of 1970 in my '62 Morris Cooper 997
and have been competing in this same 'B since 1985. Always good to show the
kids what a proper sports car is! There are two other 'Bs that usually come
out to play with me; a '69 roadster with a cam and sidedraft 45DCOE Weber and
a '69 MGB-GT with a cam and 38/38 Weber "Outlaw" downdraft. I'm still using
the trusty SUs with K&Ns and the stock cam.

Ric Johnson
Des Moines, IA
Webmaster, www.dmvrscca.org<http://www.dmvrscca.org/>
No B.S. Motorsport (Real Sports Cars Don't Have Back Seats!)
www.cafepress.com/nobsmotorsport<http://www.cafepress.com/nobsmotorsport>
Age & Treachery Racing, LTD.

p.s. Yes, I'm getting the Kent Collection emails, too!

rj