[Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts
From: "Robert J. Guinness" <guinness@stclegal.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:09:04 -0600
I want to thank all those who offered advice on diagnosing my MGA's
sputtering and dieing engine.  The culprit was a bad condenser (which I
replaced less than a year ago).  Are our parts sources becoming
unreliable?  I had to replace the points I installed at the same time.
Have others experienced bad mechanical replacement parts lately (as
opposed to body, rubber, interior, etc.), or is it just me?  Or did the
bad new condenser cause problems with the points?
--
Robert Guinness

database 4637 (20091125) __________

http://www.eset.com