Re: [Mgs] Still working on MGA

To: Tom Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Still working on MGA
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:12:10 -0500
Well, that clearly gives you something suspicious to
investigate.  Earlier you said "When it is at idle it will run fairly
smooth. When I take it out for a drive it seems that it is starved
for power. The rpm gets to aprox 3500 and the power runs out."  If
you were really getting nothing at all out of the rear carb, I think
your symptoms would be a lot worse than you describe.  Fairly smooth
on two cylinders?  I don't think so.  Further investigation is
definitely indicated, though.  Do you have an "SU toolkit" or
uni-syn?  You should be able to get some information on whether or
not the two carbs are responding equally.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net