[Mgs] sandblasting

To: "MG Digest (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] sandblasting
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:12:54 -0700
I have purchased a blast cabinet from Horrible Freight because the price
was right and it will be handy during my latest restoration of a 64B.
The question I have concerns the media. I have immediate need to clean
up parts like rusty pedals, brake cover, air filters assemblies to think
of a few and wonder about what sandblasting media would be best. HF was
limited on selection and my initial research indicated the best blast
media for the application would probably be a fine aluminum oxide
abrasive. All they had was the 70 grit and the staff person thought I'd
be better off with the out of stock 220 grit. For those of you with
sandblasting equipment, what do you use or recommend for blast media?

David Councill

64 B

67 BGT

72 B