Re: [Mgs] sandblasting

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] sandblasting
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:49:59 -0700
It does look like TP Tools is the way to go.... if you are on the East
coast, USA. Unfortunately, I am in what they call "Zone 3" which means
the shipping is more than the cost of the material at $35 for the $29
media. However, that still puts the cost a little less than what
Grainger charges for their 5 gallon pails. Hard to say how that relates
in size - water is a little over 40 pounds per 5 gallons and I'm
guessing this stuff is probably somewhere between 1.2-1.5 times heavier
than water so 50 lbs could be a bit less than 5 gallons (4 - 4 1/2
gallons?).

I do like their website and the info and charts, very helpful.

Low pressure is good too. I'm not sure how well my air compressor will
do, it was the largest I could find for 120V (saving me having to rewire
an outlet in my garage). But it still works fairly good (6 HP, large
tank) for blowing out my underground sprinkler system every fall saving
me having to rent one or pay someone to do it. So it has already paid
for itself.

Maybe I'll still go TP but delivery will be slow, probably a couple of
weeks, not that I am in too big of a hurry.

David