Re: [Mgs] wanted

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] wanted
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:37:45 +0100
Hi Larry,

Last year's ride was cold - temps of -2 deg C, but with a speed of some 30
Mph and wearing an open crash helmet like we did in the sixties and
seventies, makes the chill factor up to minus 20.
One of the mopeds even suffered of a frozen carburettor.

http://www.buienradar.nl/sneeuw.aspx shows the current rain - snow radar.
The orange type is snow - the grey - blueish is lght rain to heavy showers
when dark blue.
This is typical Dutch winter weather and makes the traffic suffer of
constant dangerous slippery roads.
I live in the mid-west part of the Netherlands.
Yesterday the daylight temps were just above freezing, but the rain started
in the morning with icy rain - one could hear it twinkle.
Later in the early evening it all turned into snow.
As typical Dutch winter weather is like this, loads of salt is spread over
the roads, in order to fight roads becoming very icy and dangerous.
The coming week there is not a lot chaning in this pattern, so I have to
protect my moped against the salt, if I'm going to be there.

Have an impression of last year's ride - over 400 Puch mopeds were part of
this biggest Puch event in the Netherlands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0svcKKU0TfE

Cheers,

Hans - preparing his 1973 Puch for the winter ride