Re: [Mgs] Engine Frustration Part II

To: Craig Straub <craigstraub@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Engine Frustration Part II
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 05:43:06 -0700
For some reason that last main bearing did not get any oil.  A plugged oil
galley leaps to mind.
I would start by blowing compressed air though the oil galley to find out if
if it is clear.  You will probably find that the line running to the rear
main bearing is plugged.
A straightened coat hanger or pipe cleaners might be your best friend here.
Make damn sure you get all of whatever is in there out before you reassemble
the engine or on start up the rest of this crap will wind up in your main
bearings and you will be tearing the engine down AGAIN.
The only other thing I can think of is the engine builder assembled that
bearing dry and it seized before any oil got to it.  If this is the case,
shoot your engine builder.