Re: [Mgs] Q: Horn Orientation

To: "Bert Palte" <palte@gmx.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Q: Horn Orientation
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:31:14 +0100
The horns should be mounted on right-angle brackets which *should* allow
quite a lot of variation in where they point.  I have my roadster horns
mounted direct to the body panel, which restricts things somewhat.  I opted
to have them facing at the radiator for the very reason of dirt and more
importantly water entering them if they faced directly forwards, but they
are noticeably muted compared with the horns on brackets on my V8, which
face each other, and it isn't due to any electrical issues.  Clausager has
one clear picture on page 65 facing each other, another on the same page
facing forwards by implication as I don't think you can see the trumpets,
and one on page 63 almost certainly facing forwards.  If the car is an
all-weather driver then maybe towards each other is best, if a fair-weather
car then forwards shouldn't be a problem.

PaulH.