Re: [Mgs] more questions re mg engine

To: Malcolm Jeffcock <msjeffcock@eastlink.ca>, Dave Munroe
Subject: Re: [Mgs] more questions re mg engine
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:15:23 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, you need to remove the gear lever, but it's simple. Undo the bolts holding
down the metal ring in the interior, then unscrew
the knob and remove the cover and the ring. Then there are 3 or 4 bolts (I
forget how many) that hold the actual lever in place.
I also believe that one of them might be different from the rest, so just
remember which bolt came out of which position.

Removing the trans in addition to the engine really isn't a big deal. It's a
few extra bolts, and the speedo connection to the side
of the trans, which is easily undone once you can lower the tail end a bit.

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)