Re: [Mgs] 64B on the road

To: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 64B on the road
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:58:01 -0600
Was this an educated guess? I hadn't really thought about the color
selection back then. My first MGB was an old English white 65 B (with
primer surrounding several prominent holes eaten by rust). And this one
is tartan red. I had to dig up my pictures when I started the
restoration:

Picture of the car as I towed it back to Montana:
http://www.karamursel.org/mg/64b.jpg

And a few webpages where I was tracking the initial restoration:
http://www.karamursel.org/mg/64B.htm
http://www.karamursel.org/mg/restoration2.htm

I guess I should take some more pictures of it in its current running
condition. I still have some scuffing on the bonnet due to the previous
owner covering it with a tarp that I haven't buffed out. I did replace
the grille and the car also now sports four original early year rims and
hubcaps (a few have minor pitting so I'll have to get them re-chromed).
Both doors need to be completed on the interior. Have to install a new
top. Nisonger has just sent my Jaegar speedometer back after repair. So
overall, the car still needs a lot more work. Fortunately, it has very
little rust in the usual areas.

On a related note, my 72B was a more extensive restoration which is
mostly complete. Are they ever complete? I decided I better at least get
the wipers to work which I did last weekend. So all that's left with it
is the heater to look at/fix and some repairs to the hard top. And the
overdrive, but its gathering dust in the garage at present.

David Councill
64 B tartan red
67 BGT british racing green
72 B black tulip