[Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay

Subject: [Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay
From: arundell at ghs.com.au (Murray Arundell)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:27:39 +1000
I'm somewhat confused with all this replica thing...... how on earth can a
replica TF have any providence at all?  Its a copy, a fake made mostly from
used components from other MGs.  Yes some are better than others and the
Victor appears to be better than most but as an MG?  No way.......

Murray Arundell
Brisbane Australia

On 11/02/2011, at 6:53 AM, Paul Osborne wrote:

> Victor Replicar in Victor NY  was on Old Dutch Rd. The orig cars used mgb
components, front ends engines, rear axles etc.  I lived in Mendon, the next
town over,  and did  upholstery for the cars.  They did not catch on and they
moved out after about a year or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320652402246&vi
>>> ewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
>>>
>>> NFI, and all that.
>> I drive a Victor. They were not made in Victor, NY; they were made near
Detroit by Great lakes car Company. There are very few left. I would expect
the price to be quite a bit lower because of the engine and rear end. A
genuine Victor is worth serious money. That's partly becuase they are
recognized as variants by the MG clubs. Adding an American motor voids that.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/paul at ece.rochester.edu