[Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay

Subject: [Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay
From: arundell at ghs.com.au (Murray Arundell)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:58:50 +1000
I'd have thought that the fact that it was not manufactured by MGs would have
been sufficient to say that it wasn't an MG, but that's only my humble
opinion.

Out here in Aus a mod started producing a thing called a TD2000 which was an
exact copy of a TD.  Visually it was perfect but underneath it was all Nissan
right down to the air-con!!  It apparently drove well, and was probably
reliable and definitely more comfortable.  Was it an MG?  No way in the
world.....

Murray Arundell

On 11/02/2011, at 8:27 AM, The Roxter wrote:

> On 2/10/2011 3:27 PM, Murray Arundell wrote:
>> I'm somewhat confused with all this replica thing...... how on earth can a
replica TF have any providence at all?  Its a copy, a fake made mostly from
used components from other MGs.  Yes some are better than others and the
Victor appears to be better than most but as an MG?  No way.......
> Well, I'm no expert, but I have owned a TC, two MGA's and this Victor. It's
all MG, as far as I'm concerned. It's quirky and unreliable; it has Lucas
electrics and it can't be trusted. It's also lots of fun and a certified chick
magnet.

> I was told that the decision to recognize it as an MG was based on the fact
that it has no parts from other cars at all. No Ford, No VW stuff at all. It
has a fiberglass TF body and a steel frame, to fit the body and MG components.
I was told that the door was propped open for this by the recognition of the
Bonneville fiberglass MGA that was built for speed runs in the 50's.

> I have inquired about entering various club events and every single time was
told that the Victor is an MG and that I could enter.