Re: [Mgs] RPM's on my B

To: 1971mgb@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] RPM's on my B
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:40:36 GMT
  I will second Paul's suggestion that something is sticking, then releasing.
See that the throttle cable moves smoothly. One broken strand can sometimes
catch in the sheath.  Disconnect the return springs and see that they have
some stretch & recovery ability.  While they are off, move the shafts and see
that they turn smoothly, from wide open and to closed. Also jiggle the shafts,
to check for wear. If you can, try to get a drop of oil onto the shafts where
they enter the SU body.  Before the springs are reconnected, double-check the
attachment points; one often sees springs connected to wrong place.  Can you
observe this event at home, watching the linkages immediately after
stopping?Bob