[Mgs] Non-LBC question

Subject: [Mgs] Non-LBC question
From: alan.costich at pictometry.com (Alan Costich)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 15:04:42 -0400
sort of procedure.
Well, yes, I have!
A number of years ago I had a proper Mini what had an 850 cc motor in it.
In the process of restoring the car ( I had bought it out of a junk yard)
I spun a big end bearing. I went to MiniCity and bought one (!) big end
bearing.
Pulled the rod cap off, pushed the rod up the cylinder, filed and honed the
burr off the crank, slapped it back together and drove it (hard) for a couple
more years.
Of course, I had to lift the motor out and off the tranny to accomplish the
task.

NOTICE: This message is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,
Title 18, United States Code, Sections 2510-2521. This e-mail and any attached
files are the exclusive property of Pictometry International Corp., are deemed
privileged and confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one
of the named recipient(s) or believe that you have received this message in
error, please delete this e-mail and any attachments and notify the sender
immediately. Any other use, re-creation, dissemination, forwarding or copying
of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.