[Mgs] Hydraulics

Subject: [Mgs] Hydraulics
From: fogbro1 at comcast.net (fogbro1 at comcast.net)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 01:02:31 +0000 (UTC)
Baloney!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Singleton" <mike at sportscarslimited.net>
To: daybell7 at aol.com, mgs at autox.team.net
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:33:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Hydraulics

In the case of DOT 5 brake fluids: WARNING!!! They are not compatible with
DOT 3 or 4 fluids. Mixing the 5 with either 3 or 4 in the same system can
lead to catastrophic failure!!

To be safe if the change is made, the cylinders, lines, etc should be
purged, cleaned, all seals and like components replaced before introducing
DOT 5 into your system. Or alternatively replacing all of the components
with new. DOT 5 will also void the warrantee on your Lockheed or Girling
components. (So, you can see what those folks think of the stuff)

Michael Singleton
Sportscars Ltd
10170 Croydon Way
Suite M