[Mgs] Hydraulics

Subject: [Mgs] Hydraulics
From: redscirocco at hotmail.com (Mike Eldred)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:24:07 -0400
And I don't understand why.  If you happen to be rebuilding your brakes AND
your clutch from MC to SC, I can see why you'd consider making a swap.
Otherwise, it's not worth the labor to flush the system, change the seals.
etc., etc.

And if you're changing/rebuilding one system (brake or clutch) with a
different fluid, it seems absurd not do to the other - too easy to mix them
up, and why would you want to have two bottles in your toolbox rather than
one?  I recently installed a new clutch MC, SC, and all new lines - used the
same Dot 4 that's in my brake system.  If there was Dot 5 in the brakes, I
would have used that.

It's just hydraulic fluid, folks.  The only practical real-world benefit I can
think of for either one is that Dot 4 or a compatible fluid is available
almost anywhere, even at the general store in the middle of nowhere.  Dot 5
may or may not be on the shelf.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/chillmog at sbcglobal.net