[Mgs] Pos radio / neg car

Subject: [Mgs] Pos radio / neg car
From: dcouncill at msubillings.edu (Councill, David)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:26:23 +0000
A conversion to negative ground, particularly with a mechanical tach (MGA,
pre-65 MGB), is quite easy and recommended as Barney states. I did the
isolation trick once many years ago on a 65B with an 8-track player (my last).
When it eventually made contact to the dash after months of semi-reliable
performance (speed variations helped with a matchbook cover), it released a
large amount of smoke and never worked again. I then upgraded to cassette
technology. My current 67BGT does use a cassette player which sits on the
passenger seat and gets its power from the cigarette lighter outlet - cheap
but efficient. Still have to put sound in my 64B which has been converted to
negative ground.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT